24 January 2016

A Whole New Life

           Five years from now, I was preparing myself to get into High School, enjoying my free time with friends, going to the pool, having fun. I was so busy worrying about how cool High School would be. I remember I was crazy in love with Justin Bieber back then (I still love him, though but I was actually crazy at that time); I used to write and read a lot of fanfictions, waiting for the precious moment one of those stories would come true. But it never happened, obviously. If you ask my young self what does she see for my future, she would be clueless; she wouldn’t even think about the huge changes I’ve gone through, meeting people I was fancying to. And losing those I’ve loved so much since forever. I bet this happened to all of us; if we see our Young innocent selves waiting for a lot of stuff to happen, that actually never happened, they would be disappointed, sad and also angry about it all. But I also bet, if those things that we fancied a lot never happened, was for a solid reason that the Destiny, God, the Universe, has planned. It’s obvious, we’ve gone through pain, happiness, excitement, tiredness but it made us who we are. So, do you regret it all?
           
 A couple months ago, my best friend, Ariel, decided to go abroad for a year to France. It seemed like forever, the day never came but it did. He’s leaving next week and yesterday we spent the last day together before he leaves to achieve his dream. I’m very happy for him, he’s an absolutely lovely person. Ariel’s the kind of people you meet and know he’ll give his heart to you if you ask to. He’s been by my side, still being my friend, when my other friends left and that simple detail means a lot to me. I really love him, he’s become like a brother and I tried, I try and will try my best to help him with whatever he needs; because, that’s what siblings do! Chino (his real nickname) if you’re reading this, I’m so proud of you, you’re an amazing person I’m so happy to have met. Don’t worry about anything people say, you’re incredible, you can do whatever you want and I admire you, a lot. I hope this travel makes you stronger and I hope you gain a lot of experience; enjoy it, you deserve it! I’m going to miss you but it’s okay, life’s like this!

              Five years ago, I was starting High School, fascinated by the huge change I was going through but still happy and anxious to know about everything. I felt empowered, like no one could tear me down. Now, being a graduated, I feel the same way. I’m happy and anxious about the huge change I’m going to face in a couple weeks but, at the same time, I’m scared, I’m sad, I want to stop the time for a while, take a breath and admire my High School years, cry a Little and get stronger to keep moving on. And, again, I bet almost everyone feels or felt this same way. Or maybe not. I’m being anything but dramatic, I’m not leaving to China, to have a new life, this is just College but still, I can’t believe the day has come! I’ve share five lovely years with my Friends, I’ve gained a lot of experiences, memories, lessons these years and they built me the way I’m now. And realising that I’m not going to go to the same old school I’ve always went, I’m not going to meet the same classmates I’ve always had, I’m not going to see my friends on a daily basis as I did, breaks my heart a little. And what hurts most is knowing that some of my friends, included my boyfriend, are starting College next week when I’m starting next month. We all took different paths and it’s incredible, now we can see how different we are. My group of friends’ careers vary from Architecture to Dental Hygienist to Humanity Professor to Biotechnology to English Translator, we’re not all the same as we thought at first. But that’s okay because it made us work as we did.

               Being at the end of an important period and at the beginning of a new one makes me shiver but also makes me want to face it. I know life is a constant change and we have to be prepared or just get used to it. We can’t leave the challenges and run away, we can’t stop the time and repeat our favourites moments, we can’t skip stages but we can face them, we can learn from each period in our life and get new lessons; it would strengthen the person who we are, it would change and sculpt us in a new way, always for the good because we have to learn how to take the good in every stage we’re. We can do that; we can face anything we have in front of us. We’re stronger than we think and we’re smarter, we can take the good into the bad.

                  Tell me what was your biggest change in life, or if you’re going through one nowadays. We can exchange experiences and knowledge and get over it together!

Goodbye and see you soon!


Camila x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sora Templates. Mila So What 2017. Powered by Blogger.