03 April 2014

Tie Cakes | Recipe

 Happy Thursday! C'mon, show me a smile, one day left until weekend! And, as I want to sugar-coat-you, I'm posting today a homemade recipe that my granny always cook... tie cakes! I don't actually know the original name of these but my grandma always says that they look like little ties, that's why I call them 'tie cakes'. Anyways, here's the recipe and the process...

You'll need:
1/2 kg of rising flour
1/4 kg of butter
1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs

Cooking time!

 On a bowl, put  all the butter, the cup of sugar, both eggs and the vainilla extract. I've mixed all the ingredients with a fork, it's quite difficult at first but becomes easier then. Once you have a smooth and homogeneous mixture, you need to pour the milk and blend again. Then, add the flour slowly until you can knead it with your hands.


 Now you have a big and sticky thing, you'll need more flour to be adding to the dough so you can knead it until it's less sticky. Once it doesn't stick on your hands, leave it in the bowl with cling film on the top; the dough will need to rest for about 15 minutes.


 One of the last steps to do is, cut the dough in a smaller ball. Then you'll need to stretch it with flour and a rolling pin. Cut little -or big- squares and a little hole in the center of it with a knife so you can take a tip and pass it by the center so it looks like a 'tie'.
 On a saucepan, put some oil, I used sunflower oil -just in case you want to know- When it's boiling and you can see bubbles on the top, throw one of your tie cakes inside, being careful obviously. If it fries swiftly, the oil is ready but if it takes its minutes, leave it a little more to get hotter. When your ties look goldy and nice, take them away and put them on a absorbent paper.

 Once all of them are ready, you can add some common or icing sugar, or any other toppings you want to. I ate them with common sugar -because I hadn't icing- and some milk jam, delicious!


 I hope you liked the recipe and you understood every single step, leave me in the comments below what do you think and if you try it, make sure to tell me how good they were!
 Sorry for not being posting for a long time ago but my computer broke and I was very busy with school stuff; I promise I'll post more often! Haha

Goodbye and see you soon! 

Cams x

7 comments:

  1. were totally on the same wave length.-They look like little bums.
    Thanks for leaving the loveliest comment on my blog!-Yours is amazing!

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tried them!? That's amazing! I wasn't very sure if someone will cook them haha.
      You're welcome :) I love your blog so much!

      Delete
  2. Great post! These look really good, I'm not much of a baker but maybe I'll give these a try. I really like your blog, I'm following you now on gfc and bloglovin. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too so we can keep in touch :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to read that you will give them a try :)
      I'm also following you on gfc and bloglovin, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh delicious - another must attempt recipe added to my never ending recipe pile!

    Thank you! xx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already happy knowing that you add them to your recipe pile! Haha

      Delete
  4. I have never seen this type of cake recipe before, not sure if I'm skilled enough to make it work, but i'm tempted to make some and maybe have a dip of a chocolate sauce of some kind

    http://emicphany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Sora Templates. Mila So What 2017. Powered by Blogger.